Friday, July 4, 2008

More Things That Anger Me and a Little More.

So as I've been surfing the internet (it has gotten surprisingly faster from drunken turtle to turtle speeds) and living life I have found some things that tick me off... and I'm going to rant about them sort of... in a list.
  1. Forum A-Holes: Forum A-Holes are the people that normally have a black and white picture of a live action film star as their avatar and always feel that there opinion is final and if anyone says otherwise they respond with either, "Go die," "You're a f**," "fail," etc. No matter how logical the other persons opinion is he still thinks his opinion is final. I'll try to be friendly with them or avoid them, so that I don't get on their bad side, but they'll always just continue to be the jerk that they are.
  2. The Cost of Macromedia/Adobe Flash: So I kind of want to jump start my animation "career" if you want to call it that and start doing Flash cartoons. There is a road block in my way and it happens to be the cost of Macromedia/Adobe Flash. The cost for a brand new copy of Flash (either CS3 or 8 or something) is $800. Jesus Christ that is expensive. Even Flash 5 is $150, which isn't too bad, but I'm afraid to save my money, get it and find out that it is just not what I want. I guess I'll have to use MS Paint and Windows Movie Maker to do an animation... or just save up for Flash 5... which I may do.... and then get a friggin' tablet because those are just plain hardcore... you don't even know.
  3. Buzz Killers: I hate when people suddenly become buzz killers, like you'll be telling a joke you heard on the [Adult Swim] show "Robot Chicken" and once done or midway through telling it the person stops you and says, "That joke originated on 'Futurama.'" The only thought crossing my mind is, "I DON'T GIVE A RATS @$$!" I'll kind of clue them in on that and some people just won't get it.
  4. Summer Reading Bull Spit: So for some stupid reason Illinois schools think it is a wonderful idea to have students read the world's worst literature over their break, which takes out the entire point of having a break at all. The book I have to read now is so boring and is so choppy I have no idea what is going on in the book, if it's an introduction or if the book is like this the entire time. I should probably mention the fact that I'm three chapters into the book. Anyways back on topic, the whole idea of a summer break is to give everyone a nice breath of fresh air and hang out time before starting the next school year. Also most of us are getting jobs or are busy during summer.
    ...Friggin' morons.
  5. Mindless Games: I LOOOOOOOOOVE Video games (if you didn't already know that). I like those games that have thought put into them and aren't just stupid. Let's look at Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. I LOVE this game, it's a true military shooter. They have a mission where you have to guard a camp and make sure there Soviets don't infiltrate it. Now in a mindless shooter they'd throw tanks, jeeps, and all sorts of infantry at you like the U.S.S.R. has an infinite amount of troops. What do they do in the REAL mission? There is just one guy you have to watch out for, kill him and the mission is complete. No one really knows about this game (even though it got the Game of the Year award), but let's drift from that and go into Halo, a very popular series. If you don't know what Halo is you must be living under a rock. Anyways, I try my hardest to like Halo and... I just can't. There's no logic to it. There's no... challenge, it's kind of like the game Painkiller (which ownz all kinds of ass) except with a story going on at all times. My friends always want me to play Halo with them and I always want to say no, but they're my friends and they're cool, so I endure it. Why do people like Halo so much? I don't understand it. Call of Duty 4 is pretty fun, but not as fun as an older military shooter like the Delta Force series.
Yeah, whatever, I'm tired, happy 4th of July, I'm gonna sign off.
And by the way, I'd like all readers to post a comment on this post because I noticed that I have more than 2 readers (yay!).

1 comment:

John said...

1. I hate those guys too.
2. The price of software like those is probably so high because people can actually make a living (or as you said a career) using that program so of course the companie is not going to make it cheap. Its unfortunate for people like us who use those programs for fun little flash projects or graphics for forums but thats where torrents come in handy.
3. I have no idea what your talking about, lol.
4. Well, I think reading a book or two over summer is fine, but I don't agree with the fact that I have to read and take notes on 74 pages of my US History textbook. Thats overdoing it.
5. I absolutely agree with you here. I think storyline is just as important as gameplay when it comes to video games. Even a fun game with a terrible or non-existent storyline is unplayable for me. I have to say the Halo 3 campaign was one of the worst I've ever played. I haven't played the other 2 games but I had no friggen clue what was going on in this game. What I did understand was that I had to go destroy 3 gates or generators or something to fire a laser beam or something. That's completely uncreative. I'm not going to kill the alien leaders or some big important mission, just go clear out some generator things like the rest of the grunts. Not only did I not get what was going on but there was SO much backtracking. What the hell? I just killed a bunch of aliens (why I don't know), but now I have to run, oh wait did I say run?!? You can't run in this game! Anyway now I have to run all the way back to the command center. The ONLY fun thing about Halo is the multiplayer. I have to say Bungie made an amazing multiplayer there. Its probably one of the most fun things to do with friends. 1 more thing I hate; Halo fanboys that friggen praise the game nonstop like its been created by the hands of God. FUCK you fanboys. Fuck you.