Wednesday, July 16, 2008

E3 '08 Stuff

I saw the Fallout 3 trailer and my god it looks so much better than the original Fallout in the sense of combat. In the original Fallout they had this stupid point system and you used up points when you moved and attacked so you might end up dying quickly. In Fallout 3 they've taken that point system out, which is just swell! I didn't see much in the trailer, but it definitely sold itself. You can target weak points on your enemies and send them flying without some limbs.
I caught a glimpse of Star Wars: Force Unleashed which looks more awesome every time I see it. The Euphoria Engine will definitely pay off. I saw early tests of the engine awhile ago and it sold the game right there. Stormtroopers (when pushed off a ledge) will grab the ledge and dangle off it and if another falls off that same ledge they'll grab that first stormtrooper's legs and so on. You get to use the force on not just enemies and objects like crates, but you can use the force to hurl a tie fighter at a squad. Again I didn't see much, but it looks great.
Also there's a new Red Faction game called Red Faction: Guerrilla and the engine used in this game is almost as great as the Euphoria engine. They added something where the objects in the environment have a sense of what they're made of and what can destroy them, so you can literally drive a walker into a friggin' building. You can blow up sections to entire bridges. The whole environment is destructible which makes me want to play the game just for that, HA-HA.
More info on E3 '08 stuff tomorrow

1 comment:

John said...

YES! E3 comes again!

I really haven't heard much or seen anything about Fallout but it seems pretty cool.

The Force Unleased on the other hand is going to be fucking AMAZING! I can not wait! I absolutely LOVE the Euphoria Engine. The physics are just crazy awesome. This is the first Star wars game I'm excited for and only the second I will have ever played.

Ooo another Red Faction, cool. The only time I played it was multiplayer at your house with keith; it was fun. Can't wait to watch my recorded E3 shows.