Thursday, July 10, 2008

First Impressions

So I'll review the demos for Postal 2 and Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2. I downloaded Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2 because I couldn't find a You Are Empty demo, so I'll just buy it when I get back from Colorado. So let's start with the Heavy Metal game. If you are unfamiliar with the Heavy Metal series it's a series of comic books and animated movies that involve sex and violence. The game is no different. The main character Julie has breasts the size of Jupiter and your trainer sounds like someone from a 1-900 number. The weapon system is cool, you can dual wield any two weapons you want. The soundtrack is also... AMAZING. The main menu song when you start the game is just awesome, it sounds like MDFMK. I couldn't finish the demo though because... I just didn't like the game. I didn't get frustrated or anything or quit because I died, I quit because they didn't introduce the two characters you were fighting with for a few moments. Come on, even a little introduction would be nice. They definitely have a large array of ways to get around obstacles which is pretty nice. Oh and by the way it's in third person which is kind of not fun, but I forgive it because Jedi Outcast was like that... in a way. Anyways, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone really.
Now on to Postal 2. God I love this game. It's an FPS Grand Theft Auto except more vile. When you walk into anyone's house (you can walk into any building) you are greeted with the kind words of, "Get the f*** out of my house a**hole!" I didn't notice any music except in the grocery store, which was middle eastern music. The main character makes comments every now and again like when you unzip and pee on someone he says, "Oooooh yeah!" or "That's the ticket." Unlike Grand Theft Auto you are on foot the whole time and you run errands as opposed to gang missions which I like a lot more. I'm going to keep on playing this one. I recommend this to anyone who is just bored and needs a fun vile game to relieve their boredom.

1 comment:

John said...

lol I thought you were going to say you liked that heavy metal game. Postal sounds cool though. I might play it sometime.