Sunday, August 30, 2009

That's Cute....

I found two indie games that I found to be quite, dare I say, cute. One is Machinarium which looks to be like an adventure game, every character is a robot, the city is made of metal and by god it does look cute. Then I saw Minecraft which looked like it could be fun, but fun like LSD: Dream Emulator where you think, "Oh this could relieve some time" but fear it may bore you even more. When I watched the Minecraft video the guy was digging up roses and trees and planting them elseware and mining dirt, rock, and ore. He even explored caves and that seemed a bit fun.
The one indie game I've tried and had the most fun with (I should buy it) is Cortex Command. Cortex Command is a side scrolling shooter that had me playing for hours trying to protect my base from evil robots and watching the destroyed aircraft and robot bodies pile into mountains. I shot down each transport with the Flak Cannon and giggled as the transport spiraled out of control and hit the ground exploding. Was it cute? I dunno, depends on your definition of cute.
Here's the price for all these...
Machinarium (Pre-Order) is $17 (Mac/PC)
Minecraft is FREE (Java)
Cortex Command is $18 or FREE DEMO (Mac/PC)

3 comments:

John said...

woah cheet, I need to dl some of these games

Lord Andrew said...

Machinarium looks really interesting... it sorta reminds me of Professor Layton, the way the graphics look, and it has that point-and-click feel to it. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't look at the other games. I was too lazy.

Just bought some Japanese movie "Versus," it's either going to be awesome or suck. Either way, it should be entertaining. Oh, and I bought Neon Genesis Evangelion, too, and a bunch of 30 Rock episodes.

Connor said...

I have Versus in a nice tin case! It is an awesome movie, a bit long though. Did inspire Hideo Kojima. I have 30 Rock Season 2.