Saturday, August 29, 2009

In the News

So I recently got turned onto "The Local" which is a German news website translated into English and I must say they got better things on there then what's on CNN. Scientists in Germany found out why people walk in circles when they are lost in the desert or forest. Wanna know why? It's because they have no marker in front of them like the sun or a building. They did a test in the sahara and after the sun went down everyone started walking in circles (they found this out through GPS). Subjects that were blind folded either followed the path or walked in smaller circles. I find that one fascinating because they are blind folded... so they can't see anything right? I dunno.
I also learned from the site that a member of the Red Army Faction was recently arrested for an assassination that happened 30 years ago. This is supposedly one of the biggest investigations in Germany and they have arrested the now 57 year old Verena Becker. I just found this fascinating that they are still arresting members of this 70's terrorist cell.
To read more go
HERE FOR THE 'LOST' ARTICLE
HERE FOR THE 'RAF ARREST' ARTICLE

No comments: