Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Swining/Red, Raw, & Sore Review

Since Iron Storm was a "first impression" I figure I should repay you with a FULL review.
So in my big order I had to get some music because being a musician I have to have my boat load of music to keep me company. So I had to order The Swining/Red Raw & Sore because it's classic PIG music and I love PIG. If you are unfamiliar with PIG I don't know what I could suggest you to listen to to help you get some ground on what to expect in this CD. I guess I should tell you that PIG's music tends to be on the disturbing side of things. Anyways the CD is a compilation of the albums The Swining and Red Raw & Sore. This compilation is phenominal! Every track is different. Some of it is metal, some is jazz, some is salsa (yes you heard me right, salsa), one track is spoken word. The best track on the album is Seven Veils. It opens with this very suttle symphonic fluttery thing and then kicks into kind of suspense music followed by rock. I can't really describe it, it's pretty awesome. Another track entitled Ojo por Ojo (Eye for Eye) is an incredibly creepy spoken word track. This song seems like something you'd hear deep within the bowels of hell. If there's one thing I don't like on the CD it's the song Rope. Every version contains this girl panting and moaning and I hate when that is in music, it bugs me. Aside from Rope I love this CD to death! I highly recommend it to anyone in the industrial or rock scene.
I give The Swining/Red Raw & Sore by PIG a 9 out of 10.

1 comment:

John said...

cool, the song didn't seem too good on youtube(also the video was weird) but I'll hae to listen to it in your car or something to hear the full effect.