Sunday, February 1, 2009

Arturia Analog Factory Review

So I recently decided to install Arturia Analog Factory (it came with my synthesizer). Simply put it's a software that combines old school Moog voices as well as some others. You can change the pitch and modulation and mess with the voices all you want. It is amazing. It comes with some awesome sequences and EFX that get me all giddy and want to record whatever comes to mind, but that's the thing. You CAN'T record off this software. It makes no sense to me. It is a computer based synthesizer shouldn't you be able to record off it? I thought a way to solve the problem would be to open Audacity (my usual recording program) and see if I can fix that. Nope. That didn't help no matter how I messed with the recording preferences. Another flaw that seemed to just start happening today is that Analog Factory seems to freeze every minute or two. Last night it was working just fine and today... during the day... it's freezing and dying. The software must be a vampire because I am getting a lot of sun in my room. Overall Analog Factory is... good. It has some amazing voices and my synthesizer (when hooked up to the PC via USB) can control the voices as well, which is obvious, but cool. What brings the software down a lot is that I can't record and it's vampyric so I have to run it at night so that it doesn't die.

I give Arturia Analog Factory a 4 out of 10.

No comments: