Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rainbow Six Review

So I became so immersed in ZPC that I was checking my living room for enemies the other night, so I figured I should take a break from it and play another game. Since I was almost done with it I decided to play Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. This game is definitely a classic and has an intense story that is so possible it's almost frightening. The story is that an environmental-terrorist group is planning to unleash a deadly virus (I won't tell you which one because it'll spoil everything) upon the world and it's up to you to stop them. There are many plot twists to keep you going and the ending is not necessarily a reward. The ending isn't bad, it's good, but what the villain says in the end makes me very uneasy. Anyways, the gameplay.... you go through every aspect of preparing for a mission: yoou select your team, select their gear, put them in teams, devise a plan, and then select which team you want to play as. You aren't left to just this team though, you can switch between teams constantly throughout the mission and if your team dies you are sent into another team. Every mission begins with a dossier read to you by your leader John Clarke who judging by the voice acting belongs there. The action is quick and intense. Every gun battle lasts about a second or two depending on whether one has cover or not. AI is also very sharp in this game. My allies tend to react quicker to an enemy walking through a door than I did, wow. The missions aren't all run and gun either. Some missions are stealth, which forbid you from killing anyone or being spotted, if you do it's game over. The soundtrack also sets a creepy pants wetting tone and whenever I got shot with this music going on in the background I jumped. There is multiplayer support, though at this day in age I'd be surprised if anyone was playing this online right now. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this game to ANYONE unless you want to be all run and gun and regenerating health.

I give Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six a 10 out of 10!

1 comment:

John said...

cool, sounds like a good game.