Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Opening Pandora's Box

My friend (and affiliate) John just told me about an internet radio service called "Pandora Radio." He told me about it over Teamspeak, so at one point his mic cut out and I decided to check it out instead of having him explain it all over again. So I check it out. It tells me to type in an artist or song and so I give it the test. I type in PIG and surprisingly they have PIG! So I add it to my station, then I add KMFDM. First it plays "Here to Stay" by PIG then "Glory" by KMFDM and then it starts playing OhGr and Rob Zombie and Nine Inch Nails. At that instant I stopped using it because it's stupid that it would give me music that I don't want. I tell John what happened and then he told me there was a thumbs up and thumbs down button that can cancel or keep playing a certain artist. Now I'm back to it and giving a thumbs down to all those sucky artists... well... OhGr is good, but I'm not in the OhGr mood. Suddenly I start getting good music like Die Krupps and Powermann 5000 and some other stuff. Then with no sign of change it suddenly goes to 80s acoustic then after I thumbs down that I get death metal! If I want crappy music I will ask for it, but all I want is what I asked for! So I decide to add a couple more bands and the music continues to be crap. There are times when giving me new music is alright and when it's not. These is one of those times when it's not okay. You should examine what I like CLOSER. Adding My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult does not mean give me crappy 80s acoustic music. Adding Foetus does not mean give me death metal and for that matter what does Foetus have to do with death metal anyways? Even as I'm listening now I'm being given suck ass hair metal. It's like going to restaurant and asking for the Surf & Turf, but instead they give you grass on a slice of bread. If you really want to try this, be my guest, but if I don't get some good like with this thing soon I'm gonna quit using it.

1 comment:

John said...

w00t!! I told you about this!!
I love pandora, check out my stations:
http://www.pandora.com/people/jjoseph905