Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Quick Review

As I'm still chugging away at my "Epitaph" review, trust me it will be epic, I figure I'll give you another quick review of the other CD I got, "Covergirl" by Jared Louche and the Aliens!


One of my friends read some of my blog and asked, "How do you find all this music?" and I simply told him that it all stemmed out from one thing to another. I had discovered Chemlab by going onto the website raymondwatts.com and I wanted to see what else Raymond had done and saw that he had worked with Chemlab on the album "East Side Militia." I looked at the album art and thought, yeah I'll give it a go. I listened to that album and I was instantly hooked on Chemlab and Jared Louche. I went onto Amazon.com and saw this album. I had to get it. So I did. The day I got it I furiously removed the shrink wrap, tormented my dog with the bubble wrap, and then went on to listening to the album. In classic Jared Louche fashion it has "suture" tracks. I don't know how to describe a "suture" track because every "suture" track is different in its own way. The album opens softly with a cover of the Bryan Ferry song "In Every Dream Home a Heartache." The song ends a bit on the loud side with percussion blasting, which may sound bad, but it's pretty cool because it is built up. There are two jazz songs in here that I like a lot. A cover of Jared's own song "Suicide Jag" which done with jazz loses its intensity, but it's still very cool. The next song starts with jazz then goes into dance, which I'm alright with. I also like to note the track "Famous Blue Raincoat" it starts with the crowd cheering and Jared walks off stage and someone's in the dressing room. Well who the fuck is in the dressing room? Oh! It's the in crowd. Then Jared starts playing a nice acoustic jam. Overall, this album strays somewhat far from the usual Chemlab works and hits new levels. If you like Chemlab, if you like jazz, if you like acoustics, if you like Jared Louche then for God's sake get this album!



No comments: