Saturday, May 9, 2009

ACEN


So I went to Acen today - woke up at 7:45, got ready, picked up a friend, drove on down. We waited in line for 40 minutes, paid for our badges, entered the exhibit area. I bought a sweet pilot's cap, I didn't buy the goggles for it 'cause I got aviators and what's cooler than that? I also nerded out at a booth and bought the Return of the Jedi manga which was ONLY $10. There were lots of weapon booths (knives, swords, airsoft guns, maces, etc) and there was one booth that I wish I picked up a card for, but the thought hadn't occured. This perticular booth was selling all these old games that made me reminise and get all nostolgic. They were selling Dreamcasts, Mortal Kombat 1, Vigilante 8, Resident Evil: Director's Cut, and TONS more! Sure I can buy all this stuff on Amazon, but I'd rather buy at a store ya know?
We only went to one event since I had to be home early. We went to the AMV contest which had like three or four good ones and everything else sucked. They were good because they were funny and not depressing/about love. I think one person was crying after one of them, but I'm not sure.
Overall everyone at the convention was super nice. There was cross dressing which was a bit odd, but it's my first MAJOR convention so I was new to that. As I said to my friend:

"Oh look that kid is dressed as Dante and his dad is Virgil... okay that's his mom!"

There was one annoying person. My friend picks up a weapon, looks at it, puts it back, the person turns to him and flips a shit because he isn't 18. The other weapons dealer at another booth was all cool about it though and said we just couldn't buy them. There were lots of goths/cyberpunks and hardly any fat people, I was surprised. I will defnitely return next year with more money so I can buy a weapon and more stuff... like old video games. Trust me if you were there with me at that old video game booth you would've noticed the drool and the glimmer in my eyes.

1 comment:

John said...

ya, ACEN was badass, so much fun. I got my Dante figure on my desk and he looks very awesome.

That bitch at the weapons booth was not cool...."No Sorry!!!!"
Jeez lady, calm thyself.

Ya, defiantly gotta get a job soes that next year we can buy lots of cheet. I so hope that lady is there next year, flips out, then I slap over the face with my wallet id, and be all like "18 Bitch!!"

yaaaaaaa Acen was fun, also we have to get/make/whatever a totally badass and unique costume.