Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Stuff!

So I usually order bundles of stuff from Amazon. This time I ordered Lennon sunglasses with black frames and reflective lenses, Resident Evil 2 (PC), 8-Bit Operators, and Liaisons Dangereuses. Liaisons is the only one I don't have yet. As for the others, let's do a quick review... except for RE2... I need to beat that first.
The sunglasses. They definitely block the life out of the sun and while they do that they make me look like a Bond villain! They came with this nice microfiber sleeve the put them in. It's all very nice.
8-Bit Operators. I had listened to this CD before, but I didn't remember it too well and I wasn't that big on Kraftwerk. Years have passed and I got it after getting big into electronic music. It's a great CD, but three tracks stick out as bad ones. "Man-Machine" by Gwen and the Counter Reset... this track is just awful compared to the original. The artist goes through the lyrics and then does these weird vocals that have nothing to do with the original song. This track... is awful. "Radioactivity"... they turned this song into a dance song... that sounds absolutely NOTHING like the original. If it wasn't Radioactivity and it had a different name like "Ausfluge" or something and wasn't on this album, then I'd like it. The last track that wasn't too good was "It's More Fun to Compute" which is supposed to be "Heimcomputer" but the guy doesn't sing and that's what I loved about "Heimcomputer" was the vocals. That's the only bad thing about the song though. The best tracks on this album are probably "Tanzmusik," "Pocket Calculator," and "Die Roboter" because they stay so true to the original song and the song sounds so great in 8-bit!

My verdict on both? Get both.

No comments: